- Power Voltage-to-Current Converter (VCC)
- Bridge-Tied Load power stage
- Continuous +/-1A output current
- 4V min. compliance voltage
- Linear power stage (no PWM)
- Short-circuit protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Current limiter
- Reliable operation
- Analog design – Free of digital noise
- No limit-cycle oscillations
- Circuit diagrams included
- Closed/open-loop control of TEC
- Diode laser thermal control
- For use with C20 Temperature Controller
- Laser frequency stabilization
- Phase-locked lasers
- Opto-electronic oscillators
- Ideal for rapid prototyping
The SMC-Series modules are the ideal instruments for controlling the current and the temperature of diodes laser for AMO physics. With an ultra-low current noise density 15pA/√Hz (SMC11) and sub-mK thermal control stability (SMC20), the SMC-Series is the right choice for the most demanding applications.
Because the SMC31 TEC Driver was first designed as power stage of the SMC20 temperature controller, it features an efficient power voltage-to-current converter. Using the SMC31, continuous output current up to 1A can be delivered to the thermoelectric cooler. Since noise is a primary concern, the SMC31 is based on a linear power amplifier stage providing a clean output current.
In addition, the SMC31 offers multiple protection features, including current limitation, over-temperature and short-circuit detection. Thermistor and TEC connections from the laser head to the SMC-Series Controller modules are made by the use of the DSUB-9 connector located on front panel.
Like all SM-Series modules, the SMC31 is shipped with the schematic diagrams of its electronic circuitry providing all required information for advanced users.
- SMC11 – Ultra Low-Noise Current Source
- SMC20 – Temperature Controller
- SMC-Series – Diode Laser Controller
- Reference Solutions